Russia worried over lack of final agreement about further Sextet-Iran talks - ForMin
MOSCOW, January 17 (Itar-Tass) – Russia is worried over the lack of any final agreement to hold a next round of talks between the Sextet and Iran, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
“The dates that have been mentioned might be convenient for all parties,” he said. But “nothing has been agreed as of yet,” he noted.
“If no agreement is reached about the venue, it is quite possible that this date will be changed,” the Russian diplomat stressed. “And there is no agreement about the venue so far.”
“Russia is worried about it and is continuing its efforts, including the work with the Iranian partners, to settle this issue as soon as possible,” Ryabkov said. “But the key channel to agree the venue and the date of the next round is the European Union’s common foreign policy service.”